I like to use meyer lemons for these - their flavor shows more of the sweet lemon side and less of the acidity side that is most often associated with lemons. But if you can't find them, I'm sure a regular lemon would do.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (the zest of one small-ish lemon)
- 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, but preferably fresh
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon Greek yogurt (I'm sure applesauce would make a fine substitution)
- 4 drop stevia or other sweetener of choice
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, zest, and blueberries.
- Add the lemon juice, almond milk, vanilla extract, yogurt, and sweetener. Mix well, but don't over mix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Cook pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, maple syrup, or, if you're feeling extra special, a drizzle of lemon icing (powdered sugar mixed with lemon juice). Enjoy!
Enjoy the week everyone - even if you're not on spring break. You can still try something new, go someplace different... just make the most of this week and every day after! Don't get too caught up in school or work that you forget what a wonderful gift life is and that you're meant to enjoy it and live it to its fullest, as well as help others enjoy it - it's something that everyone deserves. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to follow my own advice. See you all next time!