And once again, summer is here.  This past school year was the busiest yet, but also the best because I tried so many new things and felt that I had a true college experience.  I learned that I don't have to spend every minute studying to get good grades, and that in fact life is much more fulfilling when you spend spare time in other ways.  However, I did greatly miss blogging so hopefully this summer I will be able to reconnect with all of you and continue to share my love for food!  Also be prepared for some posts with pictures of Italy sprinkled in here and there as I recently returned from a three week vacation to the beautiful country with my family.

Now, what better way to return to the blogosphere than to participate in my favorite WIAW party?!
These are Monday's eats (with a few recycled pictures from Sunday because some of the meals were just too good to not repeat)!

I'm still recovering from jet lag so I was up by 5am!  Breakfast was so good though that I really didn't mind.  Like most of the blog world, I enjoy  pumpkin all year long.  These pumpkin pie pancakes were the best pumpkin pancakes I've ever had!  They were adapted from a recipe on instagram and were just incredible.  I didn't even need or want to top them with anything - they were perfect on there own!  I also had an apple and my daily mug of green tea.  Breakfast perfection.
My morning snack was my favorite KIND bar flavor.  I will never tire of the sweet and salty combo!
Lunch was a repeat of Sundays' lunch - Vegetable cream cheese spread on Rudi's seven grain bread, a peanut butter chocolate chip chickpea blondie, steamed broccoli with honey mustard, and almond milk with vanilla protein powder!  When I went to Italy, we flew into Zurich and stopped for lunch in Luzern.  There I had the most amazing sandwich that was simply cucumber and cream cheese on a hardy bread roll.  I couldn't stop thinking about that sandwich the whole trip and this was my first attempt at an at home recreation!
Afternoon snacking consisted of some gorgeous fresh berries and a black forest carbmaster yogurt!  It was my first time trying this flavor, but after one bite I was in love.
While in Italy, I got an intense craving for Mexican food, and Monday night, I satisfied that craving with my favorite vegetable enchiladas and black beans from my local Mexican restaurant.
And of course no day would be complete without dessert.  I topped a peanut butter chickpea blondie with Halo Top chocolate ice cream, truwhip, and Walden Farms caramel sauce.  So good!  I've been having this combination every night this week.
Do you see batman?  Clearly I have talent in pouring caramel sauce. ;)

Now how have all of you been?!

Comments

06/04/2014 08:37

I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK. I'VE BEEN CHECKING YOUR BLOG RELIGIOUSLY, AND THIS IS SO EXCITING FOR ME.

Yes, all caps was REALLY necessary! I'm like askdfjsld but in a good way since you're back! I'd forgotten how much food envy I've gotten from your blog. I don't even care that now I'm craving pancakes and peanut butter chickpea blondies. I'm so glad you're back girl! How on earth are you?

06/05/2014 18:42

Katherine I've missed you so much!! I'm doing great and really enjoying life! How are you doing?!

06/04/2014 09:46

SO happy you're back!! As always, all of your meals look sooo delicious. I'm intrigued by that veggie cream cheese spread! And that kind bar flavor? The Best. So excited to hear all about Italy!

06/04/2014 16:34

Welcome back!!! And your eats look soooo yummy! I guess I'm like you (and the rest of the blog world) I love pumpkin anytime!! I need to eat it more though! Those pancakes look delicious! And I love Kind bars! That's my fave kind! :)

I'm so glad that you're back!!! Pumpkin pie pancakes and green tea sounds like an unbeatable breakfast combo! Everything you posted looks delicious! I want to try that sandwich and those blondies! I hope to see some Italy photos soon. ;)

06/04/2014 19:17

Welcome back! I totally took a break from blogging during college too but am also happy to be back! Your WIAW looked delicious. I too share the Mexican food love :)

06/05/2014 04:57

Yay!!! You are back!!! I sure missed your posts and comments, Alex!
I hadn't been hungry at all today - at least till I saw those pumpkin pie pancakes - now my stomach is like hellooooo - give me some! now! And no day is complete without dessert for sure! :)

06/05/2014 09:37

I would LOVE to do a face plant into that stack of pancakes!!!!

06/05/2014 20:03

Welcome back!
You sure do have a talent for pouring caramel sauce, haha! And you went to Italy for three weeks?! Sounds amazing!

06/06/2014 07:47

Yay for being back! I so agree with your first statement about not having to study all the time. College offers too many fun times to sit in the library all day! ;)

06/06/2014 21:15

Welcome back buddy! As usual, the amazing eats and pancakes!

Cannot wait to hear about Italy- Love your previous recaps!

06/09/2014 06:53

OH MY how I have missed your posts!! SO GLAD you're back and it's time for SUMMER!

06/09/2014 12:56

Welcome back! It sounds like you've been up to some great things the last few months : ) And now I want to go make some chickpea brownies! haha

11/21/2015 23:53

I have been living in the US for six years. Food is cheap, convenient, and loaded with all the yummy stuff (sugar, fat, and salt). But when I see what these foods have done to others, I get re-motivated. These foods take over your life, body, and soul.

12/28/2015 12:14

Cookies and cakes are constantly beautiful and yummy to consume and have. Their taste is ever lasting and looks very scrumptious. This blogs is sharing some fairly scrumptious and yummy cooking.

01/03/2016 11:05

You're back! It's awesome.

I get re-motivated. These foods take over your life, body, and soul.

May I simply just say what a relief to discover an individual who genuinely knows what they are discussing on the net. You actually understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important. A lot more people must read this and understand this side of the story. It's surprising you aren't more popular because you surely possess the gift.

May I simply just say what a comfort to uncover somebody who actually understands what they're talking about on the net. You certainly realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important. A lot more people have to look at this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised you aren't more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

Well, this is my first visit to your blog! But I admire the precious time and effort you put into it, especially into interesting articles you share here!

03/22/2016 11:05

Looks like tasty meals to me! :) I haven’t attempted either of the bars you noted but they appearance strong tasty!

04/16/2016 09:29

I want you back because your blog was so interesting to read.

05/25/2016 14:21

EmblemZone.com provides very high quality and durbale bmw emblems for many older model BMW vehicles including the 3,5,7 AND 9 Series of cars. These bmw emblems are great if your existing one is scratched or damaged. The low prices also make these emblems a good deal.

06/08/2016 15:06

In todays times when everyone is out looking for something in life that's bespoke and meets only their needs, this is a welcome relief for many

06/10/2016 07:37

This post is really informative and you have posted such precious and informative article which gave me lot of information. I hope that you will keep it up and we will have more informative and helping news from you. Thanks