1. I have no idea what I want to post today. I started two other posts before deciding I just wasn't feeling it and saving them to my drafts. Thus, a random post was born.
2. The ahi tuna salad I had at Elway's with my family yesterday was magic in my mouth.
3. What other food is magical? Chocolate, obviously.
Free sample. The day I turn down free chocolate is the day I've given up living.
Paid for chocolate - 85% truffle. Free or not, chocolate is chocolate, so of course, this was awesome.
4. This book is such an interesting read. Fat loading, caffeine fasting, carb loading. Wait, there's more to running than racing down the road like a zombie's chasing you? I have a lot to learn. In all reality, I have always known that nutrition plays a big part in running performance, but I'm still learning a lot and can't wait to try out some of the things I'm reading about in my training.
5. This oat square is pretty marvelous. It tastes like the chewy cousin of those soft, fruity-filled cereal bars that have practically zero nutrition but taste oh-so good. I went through a stage where I ate almost a box of those a day. Now, I have a healthier way to get my fill.
6. I love bareMinerals. Not only are they one of the only makeups that I feel comfortable wearing because they are all-natural and don't hurt (yes, some makeup, especially eye liner, does hurt), but last time I bought an eyeshadow, I was gifted with a free brush and some mineral veil. Is it sad that I had to look up what mineral veil is? Sorry, but I have nearly zero knowledge when it comes to makeup.
7. My mom and I were looking at baby clothes, and we saw the cutest little dress I have ever seen. Before we get any further, no I am not holding anything from you. My cousin just recently gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl so it was the perfect excuse to wander in and gawk at all the adorable little clothes.
8. I have nine days straight of work starting Sunday. No fun. On the bright side, hello paycheck!
9. Ever since my 6.29 miler this past Sunday, I have been counting down the days until this next Sunday for my next long run. Hey, that's tomorrow!
10. And, to end on food, if you happen to see these on the shelves, do not hesitate. Light and airy yet very satisfying and absolutely packed with flavor. These almost taste like a Greek pizza. I have yet to try them dipped in hummus because they have yet to make it beyond going straight into my mouth from the bag. Not they they have to be dipped in hummus, I just feel like hummus crisps with hummus would be double hummus awesomeness.
Do you use bareMinerals?
Have you ever tried the oatmeal square or hummus crisps?
Have you ever read a book on running? Learn anything interesting?