Fortunately, my last recipe testing was nothing less than a huge success. It sounded good (not literally, obviously - to my knowledge, food doesn't talk), smelled good, looked good, and by golly tasted good! I was slightly surprised at first (thanks to my last testing), but then my thoughts trailed off to something else. That something was this:
I'm sure you can substitute a different nut butter for the sunflower seed butter, but personally, I can't imagine this any better.
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 7 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the banana, sunflower seed butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Stir in the oats and almond milk.
- Spread evenly into a greased (I used coconut oil) ramekin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.