Here's what stands out for me from 2011:
- Traveling to Greece, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, and Newfoundland. It wasn't the first time I had travelled internationally, but it was at an age where I could really appreciate the different cultures and ways of life. I set foot in places I had thought only existed in pictures and explored places that I had never known existed in any form. It was one of the most enriching experiences in my life so far.
- Created and posted over 50 recipes. I didn't know it was so many, but I got very excited when I counted them! Posting recipes began as the driving force behind this blog, and that force remains. I wanted to show -- through my recipes -- that eating healthy can be fun and delicious. I hope to exceed 50 recipe postings in 2012.
- Completed my hardest semester of school yet, mostly in the form of a single class -- AP Composition and Literature. The key here is "completed." It may have been difficult, but I made it through and thus I am stronger that I was before I took it. I now feel like I can tackle any obstacle at any level, and believe me, after that class I really can! :P
- Competed in a horse show with my best buddy (my horse, Tonto). We had a rocky start, but came out on top when we won our western class. Together, we rode over the hills and valleys that presented themselves, and, as a result, that show became one of the most memorable ones yet.
- Continued to raise money for animal charity through my earring business. I came up with new designs and created a nice display. I don't know exactly how much money I raised, but all the money this year went to a whale research and rescue foundation so I do know that I helped whales at some level.
- Continued to realize what a wonderful family I have. They're so supportive and loving and really the best family I could ever hope for. I am truly blessed.
Of course, there were many more events that took place, ones that mean just as much to me, but the above list would be way too long if I listed all of them. I'd rather pick a few and really remember what they meant than list 50 and remember them only vaguely (though there are other ones on another list).
So, what's in store for me in 2012?
- Finish high school and start college. Next semester won't be easy either, but I'm ready to take it and conquer it. I don't know where I'm going to college yet, but all the colleges I applied to are out of state, so I'm excited to explore a new part of the country. And I'm ready to take the next step of my life!
- Continue to enjoy my horse. My experience with my horse does not end when I go to college -- he's coming with me! I plan to compete on an equestrian team if my college has one; if not, I'll continue to ride just for fun!
- Travel to Italy or Australia. Neither of those places are set in stone, but I really want to do more traveling this summer. My goal is to visit all seven continents and as many countries as I can before I die -- and I will complete that goal. :)
- Continue to raise money for animal charity. I'm really excited with some new designs I'm working on, and I want to expand my business.
- Proceed with Veggin' Out. Like I said earlier, my goal for Veggin' Out this year is to post over 50 recipes. That will begin with my next post!
- Live life. Obviously, not at the expense of anything, but I don't want to get too caught up in certain aspects that I forget about others. I'm about to go to college, and I never want to look back and wish I had done more of something. In other words: cease every opportunity!
I hope everyone is enjoying their own lives! See you next time with the beginning of my 50 recipe challenge!