So, let's start with a question: What do you do when you're craving pizza but only have ingredients for pasta?
Got it yet?
How about now?
Ready or not, here's the answer: Make a....
Pizza Pasta Bowl
Of course, when you're craving pizza and have ingredients for the real thing, go for it! But this recipe uses staple ingredients and is quick to put together, so your pizza craving can be fixed at any time.
- 1 serving whole wheat pasta (or other pasta)
- 2 tablespoons pesto or tomato/pizza sauce (I used 1 tablespoon of each)
- Toppings of choice, such as mushrooms, olives, onion, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, broccoli, etc.
- 1 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to an oven safe bowl and spread the pesto or pizza sauce over it.
- Layer your toppings over the sauce, and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place the bowl in an oven set to broil and broil for 6-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and begins to brown and bubble.