Hello lovelies!  Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!  Especially to my wonderful mother! :D
It was so beautiful yesterday!!  80 degrees, sun shining... I couldn't have asked for more!  I rode my horse in the morning and it was just incredible!  It looks like it's going to be a similar day today - woohoo!  Because it was so gorgeous this morning, I went outside and took some random pictures:
Now, let's talk pizza.  Honestly, I LOVE pizza.  However, I don't eat it much because, well, it isn't exactly healthy.  Sure, I eat it at friends' houses, but an home, I normally shy away from it.  But last Sunday, I. Wanted. Pizza.  Just plain old cheese pizza.  And so, I made one (healthified a bit, of course), and you know what?  It was one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

Quick Cheese Pizza
serves 1

Ingredients:
1 whole wheat pita
1/4 cup pasta sauce
1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (you could use daiya or another vegan cheese for a vegan version)

Directions:
Set you oven to broil.  Spread the pasta over the pita and then sprinkle on the cheese.  Place in the oven for about five minutes or until the cheese begins to brown and bubbles.
I was also craving Indian food last weekend, and so, Katie came to the rescue with her Spring-Green Saag!
The flavor was spot on perfect!!  The only problem was that I think my spinach had been in the freezer a little too long, and so it had kind of a strange texture... but the flavor completely made up for it!  My brother's girlfriend kept on saying how some thing smelled really, really good, and I don't even think she likes Indian food!  I had been on the search for a good saag recipe, and I think it's safe to say that search is over.

After seeing so many peanut butter-covered bananas floating around the blogshere, I decided I didn't want to be left out:
Ok, so now I know what all the rave has been about.  That 'nanner filled with PB and carob chips was definitely amazing! :D

A few random meals:
Whole wheat pasta tossed with pasta sauce, garlic powder, and dried basil, avocado, cucumber, and an apple with a pool of peanut butter.
Pineapple, Whole Foods black bean salad, brown rice couscous, and steamed broccoli
Whole wheat pasta mixed with peanut butter (pasta + peanut butter = heaven), German 'sausage' (from 500 Vegan Recipes), and steamed broccoli.
And finally, we have Katie's Cake Batter Donuts:
"Wait!" you say.  "That doesn't look like a donut!!"  Yeah, well, I don't have a donut pan, and I was making a single-serving "donut," so I just poured the batter in a ramekin.  Did it work?  Um, yeah.  Is there ever a time when Katie's recipes don't work?  Yeah, I didn't think so. :)  Mine was a little dense because I used yogurt instead of the egg replacer, but I loved it just how it was!  Seriously, my first bite was fallowed by many oooo's and awww's.  You all need to go make her donuts.  Now. :D

Oh!  I need to show you guys my tie-dye shirt!!  I made one before, but it just looked I had spilled something... :(  This one, however, I made in chemistry (really, I have the most amazing chemistry class EVER!), and it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend, everyone!!

Comments

05/08/2011 07:09

Your tie-dye shirt is so cool! We do that every year in chem too. I'm so excited to make mine, it was awesome last year.
I almost bought a donut pan yesterday just so that I could make Katie's donuts. Using a romekin is a good idea to hold me over until I actually get one!

Charolette
05/08/2011 10:58

Your great grandma was the best at fixing pasta with peanut butter and when she was fixing it it just looked like she added a little peanut butter, butter and cream though I am sure that coconut milk would be great in it too. (For vegans.)

05/08/2011 12:33

I love making pita pizza's :D

I used to tye dye everything! It's so much fun. I love how nothing you make looks like another. Cute shirt :)

05/08/2011 13:11

Love your shirt. Definitely wish my chem class made tye dye tshirts! :P

SO MANY GOOD EATS GOING ON. I'm hungry now. :) Glad you got to make the peanut butter banana sandwich. I'm serious when I say that yours is the prettiest I've seen! :)

You are so cute!! :) I love your shirt!

YAY for Banana and Peanut Butter sandwiches!! :)

I love the shade of your apple! It is such a pretty pink!

05/08/2011 13:38

I knew that tye dye is coming back! Pita pizzas are so quick and easy. I love them

omg...totally need to make that pb banana and carob chip "sandwich" asap.

05/09/2011 11:48

I love making tye dye shirts! I wish we had done that in chemistry. My chem class was dulll.

So much good food! I've been planning on making Katie's saag recipe so I'm happy to hear it turned out well. Though it is Katie's recipe so of course it'll turn out amazing. :) Ah I'm so hungry now! Time for dinner.

05/09/2011 12:15

Hi love!!!

I adore pita pizzas too! They are quick, easy, and healthy!

Loving the shirt, I used to wear tye dye shirts all the time!

Have a great week too! xoxo

05/09/2011 12:20

YAY! great job with your tie die shirt!! I'm super proud of all of my homedid ones too:) You've had some seriously GREAT eats girlie and I love pita pizzas SO much! Glad we're on the same page! :) How're your tests all going btw? I know you've been posting less do to crazy studying! And I want to try that vegan german sausage...it looks crazy good! oh yeah, and the indian too-YUM!

05/09/2011 13:28

That pizza looks amazing! I also love the shirt!

i am ALWAYS craving pizza! and luckily for me, on mothers day, what did my mom want?! PIZZA!! i was a happy girl, and by the looks of the pizza you made, im sure you were a happy girl eating that as well! : )

ummm I'm coming over and eating your food k? ;) that all looks deeelicious!

I'm also impressed with your tie-dye skills. I have done tie-dye hundreds of times (including once in o-chem with indigo dye we made :) ) and it always just look splotchy, it's ridiculous lol.

n

05/18/2011 19:04

Indian is one of my fave foods but I don't think I've tried Saag! hmmm must give it a try! I hope you're doing well Alex <3

05/23/2011 06:19

I MISS YOU!!! Come back to the blogosphere girlie!! Are all of your AP's DONE!?! :) love you:) XOXOXO

05/28/2011 06:50

I love that first flower photo and how creative you always are with your food!

04/27/2012 02:03

A blog well-done! It has always been a joy reading your posts. I honestly think you have a talent and creativity in blogging. You make my day!