Okay, on to the garlic bread! I actually made this recipe a while ago, but the reason it's taken me so long to post is that I wanted to come up with a vegan version too. Unfortunately, I still haven't come up with the right one. I decided to go ahead and post the non-vegan recipe first, and then I'll post the other version once I get it right.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
Need something to accompany pasta? What about lasagna? Maybe looking for a quick snack? This bread has you covered! Ready in under 10 minutes, this recipe can easily be made to serve any number of people!
- 1 slice bread of choice (I use Rudi's 7 grain bread, but a crusty bread would be really good! I'm sure you could also use an english muffin - oh, I'm going to have try that!)
- About 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- Set your oven to broil.
- Spread the piece of bread with the butter (you may need to soften the butter to make spreading it easier).
- Sprinkle the garlic powder evenly over the buttered bread and follow with the cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
We've put up our lights, but I really want to get out some inside decorations. For me, the day after Thanksgiving marks the Christmas season, and my spirit is in full force!
Happy weekend everyone!